Lost HiWire II dongle - Please Help

I work for a small company Goldenrod Research Corp. which manufacturers computer interfaced robotic arms and technology education equipment for sale to elementary schools.

In the intervening years since we last reordered our printed circuit boards, we have lost the dongle needed to export our files from HiWireII. As we purchased the software secondhand, Wintek will not work with us unless we repurchase. We don't want to do that. The software is outdated and not what we will use if/when we redesign.

Anyone willing to share or sell a dongle? Or someone who still uses Hiwire (with operational dongle of course) who could convert to Gerber format for us for a modest fee?

Please help! We are down to 4 boards. Thanks.

Catherine Glaser-Carnley Goldenrod Research Corp. Spalding NE, 68665

Reply to
Catoon

HiWIRE II does not require the dongle to generate the gerber files. If you know your PCB is good just generate the Gerber/CAM files... under Custom Commands. You won't be able to view the gerbview.pcb file to check the conversion without the dongle, though. Use a gerber viewer to check it. The dongle is needed only for editing.

Good Luck Jeff

Reply to
jntel