Hspice to Spice conversion?

Hi, I have a TINA simulator. It requires PSPICE models for import. Fairchild only supplies HSPICE models, which cannot be read by TINA. Is there a way of converting to PSPICE? The other way round would be to find the models I need readily available in PSPICE. Namely, I need models for analog switchs, single voltage, SPDT, very low capacitance. Any idea? Jean-Marc

Reply to
Jean-Marc Delaplace

Right now you have to do it manually...

The executable that was provided by Cadence was "less than robust" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

"Jean-Marc Delaplace" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HeNlj.101$ snipped-for-privacy@nntpserver.swip.net...

Hello Jean-Marc,

Many HSPICE models are encrypted. In this case there is no chance for any other simulator.

Can you show one model to see whether it's encrypted or not?

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

If TI makes the part they usually have TINA models.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

There is no such thing as a TINA-specific model, likewise there are no PSpice-specific models.

However there ARE HSpice-specific models, cooked up just so they can be ass-holes... usually just some excess bull-shit 3rd order parameters that can be ignored ;-)

From experience I know that PSpice and LTspice can match the most expensive simulators, no sweat, AND perform much faster.

TINA, used by one of my clients, seems limited in performance... and doesn't often match my results accurately.

...Jim Thompson

090504010905080302040008 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Helmut Sennewald a écrit :

Here is one : (see attachment)

Reply to
Jean-Marc Delaplace

"Jean-Marc Delaplace" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:S2Xlj.3$ snipped-for-privacy@nntpserver.swip.net...

Hello Jean-Marc,

It's an encrypted model. (.prot FEELIB) They simply used the real circuit model of the chip with all the MOSFETs and encrypted it. The drawback is that only users with HSPICE can use these models because of the necessary but secret decryption. HSPICE is a 10k$+ simulator. These encrypted HSPICE models are useless for most of their customers due to the lack of HSPICE licenses.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald