Best Book on PID ??

Oh yes. One of the best papers I have read lately is: "An Electronic Throttle Control Strategy Including Compensation of Friction and Limp-Home Effects" Deur, Pavkovic et al, IEEE industry apps may/june 2004 vol 40 no.3 pp821-834

These guys take the whole shebang into account. Interestingly enough they optimise the large-signal step response by omitting the setpoint from the P & D terms (something Astrom et al talk about).

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

And of course in our smps error-amps the setpoint connection is hard-wired, and causes the overshoot that makes us use soft-start circuitry :(

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I am saying (albeit indirectly) that setpoint weighting/removal is not so easy/obvious in the analogue world. Actually its pretty counter-intuitive if you dont do the maths.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.

what did you think?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Schultz

Too much. Its a good thing I read this group for the entertainment more than the technical.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Schultz