A resistor at 150°C...how?

Hi all, I have to buil a circuit to use a resistor as a heater; what I want is to use this resistor to heat a surface at 150 °C.

My first problem is to choose right resistor(I have ONLY 15 mm diameter) able to dissipate this heat power without crash!

The second problem is design ctemperature control circuit...the sensor(LM35 or lm45) should be in contact with surface I have to heat and give feedback to power supply of my resistor...any ideas?

Thanks Francesco

Francesco Piantedosi

At this temperature I'd use a thermocouple or PT100 for sensing. A metal-clad wirewound would seem the obvious choice as they can provide excellent thermal contact.

Reply to
Mike Harrison