Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OK - Who's been buying up all the diodes at RS?
Everytime I select what seems a suitable diode, it turns out to be not in stock, and would have to be back-ordered. Sylvia. Don't know how RS make any money. Regulary, if I order maybe 3 things...
2
2

Two weeks to go
Hi, only two more weeks of analogue TV broadcasting in Sydney. It started in 1956 in the valve era and went colour in 1976. 57 years in all - served us pretty damn well, I'd say. Most would have been...
3
3

Decent component drawers - finally !
I have had for maybe 10 years a fantastic component/utility "32+1" drawer set 32 (small) + 1(big), 4 across, and 8(+1) down. Each small drawer has dividers into 3, so can take a full E12 range (Rs or...
1
1

PCB Press'n'Peel (Blue)
Hey does this stuff go stale ? Had spectacular lack of success with some recent boards of PNP that was maybe 3 years old since purchased. Iron temperture was checked as correct .... geoff

Science knowledge
Pilfered from another NG. I'd be surprised if most people here didn't score 13/13. Pretty much junior high school level. Quoted: "I think you will find this interesting! Here?s a quiz on how much...
7
7

Semi-OT Tools - where to buy these cutters
Where to buy utility cutters with replaceable "stanley" style blades? Like these ones: Bunnings, masters etc don't seem to have them but I've seen them somewhere local. Thanks Go to and ask them who...
4
4

Ryobi battery pack
I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries? "Roger"...
12
12

A bit more on LiFi
"Chi Nan, information technology professor at Shanghai's Fudan University, working with a research team of scientists from Shanghai Institute of Technical Physics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences...
3
3

Small (<240W) Extra-low-voltage Solar Installations soon to be subject to new rules - action required
Hi all, If you like the idea of being able to install your own 12 Volt solar module to run a ventillation fan in your shed, or keep a battery charged to run a light in your shed, or install any other...
7
7

Forget Wi-Fi, boffins get 150Mbps Li-Fi connection from a lightbulb
Forget Wi-Fi, boffins get 150Mbps Li-Fi connection from a lightbulb Scientists in China are reporting great success in replacing traditional Wi-Fi radio traffic with Li-Fi, a system that uses the...
17
17

Slaughter-Bots
Pilfered from a post in another group; Autonomous jelly fish shredding robots possibly make a mess of small fish, etc also. Don't think this has been fully thought out. That's the concern some...
7
7

UV fluorescent dye / paint source.
Any suggestions where I might easily grab a small volume of UV fluorescent dye or paint? I know I can find it on ebay but I only want a small amount & I'd like to pick it up locally (Perth) in the...
4
4

If your project requires 24 to 65000 digital IOs : #IOTrain
#IOTrain: Lets unlimit IOs on Arduino. And with few changes on Raspberry PI IO train provides modular approach to extend digital IOs available to Arduino. (or with some modifications to Raspberry Pi.)...
2
2

Electricity meter checking, NSW
I recieved a letter yesterday, telling me that Ausgrid wish to perform maintenance on my meter. Smells like a con to me. In almost 40 years as an electricity consumer, I've never heard of a meter...
50
50

Intel and using pins for multiple purposes
I was wondering why I couldn't use the watchdog timer function on one of my computers - the driver says that it's been disabled in hardware. A look at the chipset page reveals that when the system is...
12
12