Matching NiMh batteries

I was given, with a bit of prompting (!), a clever NiMh battery charger

If you want hours, even days, of entertainment from a battery charger this is for you. On the other hand, the user interface is not intuitive and I had to read the FAQ to discover that it defaulted to charging the battery and keeping it charged.

The measurements that the charger has provided have prompted a couple of questions. How close would you expect the capacity of a "pair" of batteries to be? When would you decide that a battery that is below it's minimum rated capacity should be discarded? I realise that the latter question depends on the mah that I can tolerate so I suppose I am asking if a battery that has deteriorated will then deteriorate rapidly or if I should keep it until I can't tolerate its life.

Reply to
Gordon Levi