SC mag - Down to standard.

chips

components

etc. etc.

sparkfun...

Now that's what I'm talking about! Fun and interesting stuff. How about it SC?

Yes. It's funny how the ads in the other mags are actually a *feature* of the magazine. You get to know about all the new gear, the latest chips released etc. Indeed many people read mags like Electronics Design just for the ads. I actually spend more time browsing through the ads in Circuit Cellar than I do reading the whole of SC.

Well, I've keen kinda guilty in that area over the years with some of my projects, but if someone asks nicely I have always given them the source code, no big deal.

Oh, I forget to tell you, CTRL-C is a very advanced technique, only to be used by the highest of computer zen masters. Once you highlight everything, a single slip of the finger can wipe your entire post. Not ensuring the CTRL button is fully pushed before C could result in your keyboard being used as a POSTAL weapon. I take *zero* responsibility if you end up on the 6 o'clock news!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

On 28 Feb 2007 00:40:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm happy with both the layout and the content. I'll continue supporting SC until they close up shop.

Having said that, I'm a little annoyed that SC still have not sorted out the "bug" in the software for their ECG project (Feb 2005). On page 97 of the March issue there is a letter from a constructor who could be experiencing the same problem that I saw, and which was addressed in a recent thread in aus.electronics. I informed SC of both the problem and the solution more than a year ago.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I do hope they release that Electronics Australia CD before that happens! They could sell an awful lot of those I recon.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Dave, apologies for my possible foot-in-mouth problem.

In hindsight, I should have done a bit of research as to what you've done for SC.

I also should have thought about your need to make more than a few dollars from a project that may take heaps of time just coding, how some people might just use the code and make their own versions of the project, also how some smartasses might pick at the code and post a rant to SC (or yourself) on how they could have coded it better.

Mr. T has a good point in "whether that is right or wrong is another debate".

I'll recant my "big peeve" and turn it into a smally fluffy pet one . Also, I appreciate that you do share source code if asked nicely. Good stuff indeed!

Haha Dave, I'll try not to go 'postal' :-)

Cheers, Phil.

Reply to
philbx1

When that happens, CTRL-Z is your friend. (Seriously! - Try typing some rubbish, selecting it all, then hitting some key. CTRL-Z will bring it all back.)

--
   W  "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."

Oh, so it does! I didn't know it worked at the system level too, nice one.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones