Satellite Photos

All I saw was a toaster repair shop.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Let me rephrase. The publicly available satellite photos will have the detail to begin with.

Drinking does not help thinking.

-mark

Reply to
Mark jb

What if the answer was philosophical?

Reply to
swanny

What, like "Maybe you can exit, let's ponder for a moment"......?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Exactly. You could waste a lot of computer time pondering the capacity for a white pixel to become a No Exit sign in context with its environment. So rather than using interpolation to fill in the missing pixels, we can look at extrapolation to come up with possibilities for the missing pixels.

Reply to
swanny

Interpolation = making stuff up to fit between two data points that you do have.

Extrapolation = making stuff up to fit beyond the data you do have.

In both cases, it's still making stuff up!

Peter

Reply to
Pete

Love it.

Yes, a white (or black, or whatever) pixel is exactly that, no more no less.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Harriss

My boss has a brother in the GIS game. Google earth is very impressive, but i can assure you that there is some products out there that are even better. I wonder if you pay for the google stuff if it is much better.

Reply to
The Real Andy

How does it rate against NASA World Wind? I'm west of Penrith NSW and can only get grainy street detail on version 1.3 Mike

Reply to
Mike