Re: Wot a Nut Case !!

"Eeysore"

> > YOU HAVE HAD YOUR WARNING. THE CONSEQUENCES ARE IN YOUR HANDS. > > ** Only a completely grandiose nutter would post such tripe. > > Graham Stevenson of St Albans in the UK just did. > > A charlatan exposed is one angry charlatan.

There was a guy once who thought he could bypass the usual AUP and TOS of his ISP by running his very own nntp news sever for intentional abuse purposes.

Let's say I let a 'few' people in the ISP concerned (board level people, senior tech management and their publicity company) know about this after a reasonable period of reconciliation that failed.

I got the reply within 12 hours .... "this account has been terminated". That was it, period.

I truly am an EXPERT in these matters. I even phone the techs at the ISPs concerned to get their view. That is often VERY interesting, not least because they realise they are dealing with an expert abuse tracker. With modern telecoms that's no more than the cost of a local call too.

And don't think an anonymiser will help either. Been there, done that too. They don't want to attract FBI etc attention.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

It is nothing personal, but my 2c is that your past successes depend on ISP who cares. To give you an idea of the size of the problem in Australia, if you know his telephone number, you can go to

enter his telephone numberand you will find a list of all(?) the ISPs that can service that number. Broadband services in Australia are just network connections.

Then there is still the issue of "whack-amole"(aussie equivalent?) on dialup services.

As to NNTP, if you find that you are dealing with telstra, GOOD LUCK. It is very reluctant to do anything until large proprtions of its customer base scream about it(usually because they suddenly find their mail spam blocked)

I'm sure thay are all already know. Just collect spam and grep all the open proxies.

Reply to
terryc

I think I've seen it with crockodiles.

Never-the-less, it is satisfying to land a good wallop on one of the beasts, even if the only say down for a short period...

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

And/or the news provider. I've dealt with the Free University of Berlin before. The Chancellor doesn't like getting abuse reports his techs ignored.

Just like here then.

Well, like I said, I have some experience in these matters. I learnt from the best - fighting the toughest.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In another group, years back we used to have a 'Loon Mallet'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Congratulations, Graham. Your strategy with Phil seems to be working. Even though these are early days, and he has made no posts to this, his home group, he *has* made a polite and informative contribution (with only one expletive that I can see) to audio threads elsewhere on Usenet.

Whether the credit for this is due to you, the phases of the moon, the tides, or the wonders of medical science, I cannot say- Nevertheless, it seems to be happening.

He does indeed have much to contribute, and hopefully, from now on, he will be able to conform to an acceptable social standard.

Regards Iain

Reply to
Iain Churches

Let's hope that's how it turns out. I bear him no ill will whatever.

aapl-s trimmed at request of the regs there.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

There's nothing unusual about Phillie's non- posting tactic's At the moment he will be posting on "Aus legal" "Aus Electronics'' or even ''Aus Pets"

Reply to
bassett

We spoke to soon. After a couple of fairly restrained posts, he is back to form on UKRA.

Iain

Reply to
Iain Churches

With luck maybe he'll stay there.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

At least he's not yet wishing cancer on anyone again yet.

I'll be busy for a week or so. I'll review it then.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore