Re: Whingeing retail billionaires and the 10% GST

rich.

rates.

So you think those tax cuts introduced by Howard at the same time were just co-incidence? And the reduction in grants from the Feds to the states was another co-incidence? What drugs are you on?

Yep, they all do, Rudd did however introduce tax cuts for the poor after 10 years of the Libs charging income tax on people earning less than the dole!!!! AND introducing a GST to make them even worse off of course.

Yep, as I said, they all do. They are ALL bastards!

provide the

government/taxpayer.

We will NEVER make a profit on the NBN, AND they will sell it at a loss.

IF that were so, why privatise it then? You are wrong though of course.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

That's about all, and only because shipping costs allow them to compete with imported ones. Actually a few Fridges are still made here for the same reason.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

probably

in

rise

And he introduced universal health care!

NOT so, ANYBODY not on the dole is NOT counted as unemployed, no matter how many hours they work or don't work. Plenty of people that WOULD work are not counted as unemployed because the government doesn't care about the ones who don't cost them anything!.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

kreed wrote

red.

rates.

Thats a tiny part of the BrizVegas rail system.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Mr.T wrote

Another bare faced lie. Most of the matresses and the bigger fridges and freezers are too.

Another pig ignorant lie.

Its a hell of a lot more than just a few.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Mr.T wrote

Another lie, it didnt cover foreigners.

Another pig ignorant lie. The ABS does not use the dole as the measure of who is unemployed.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

snipped-for-privacy@.nsf/0/BAEE975B131AD2CACA25775900180C64?opendocument The comment on sampling error proves that they dont count those receiving the dole.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yep, instead grants to states for other things, they got some of the GST colleted in their state

what do you think little johnny did with the grant money he saved?

Reply to
terryc

terryc wrote

colleted in their state

Some states got more than the GST collected in their state.

That went on lower taxes for the low income earners to compensate them for the GST they now had to pay on stuff that was not previously sales taxed.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Why should Aussies pay for the problems that reffos introduce ? Are you a Pom ?

Reply to
fritz

fritz wrote

Never said they should, JUST rubbed his nose in the fact that it wasnt universal.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sure it does, even those boat people they call illegal immigrants get free health care while in detention! Plus a HUGE number of Australian residents who are not Australian citizens. In that respect it goes TOO far IMO.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Mr.T wrote

No it didnt.

There were no boat people then, stupid.

That wasnt the case when Witless introduced it either.

Yes, but that wasnt what Witless introduced.

His didnt even cover all australians, most obviously with those with no healthcare anywhere near them and with dental.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I bought a fridge from there about a year ago and was very surprised to find it is made in Australia.

We went looking for a couch there too, and practically everything they had was Australian made. We ended up buying foreign from another store because the aussie made stuff was more than we were prepared to spend on something that will get trashed by the kids. I'd hazard a guess that in furniture they deliberately stock aussie made even if it is to their detriment because they don't have the cheap imports.

Computer stuff & tv's etc you'd find bugger all aussie made stuff, but that's because there is bugger all aussie made stuff in the first place. One of the PC's I bought there was "Assembled in Australia", which is better than nothing. I have noticed Australian software (education software) on their shelves.

--
What is the difference between a duck?
Reply to

Getting that "Made In Australia" sticker to stick is a farce too.

A place I used to work for made some electronic gear.

With the exception of the actual components, the battery, and the waterproof case, EVERYTHING else was entirely designed and assembled here. And that was only because Australia doesn't actually make any of those critical bits.

The circuit was designed by us. The control software was written by us. The PCBs were designed here, manufactured here and assembled here. The aluminium chassis case was designed by us, and manufactured here also. The whole thing was assembled, tested and calibrated here.

Though all the electronic components came from overseas, with exception to a couple of the speciality bits, all others were purchased locally where possible.

Our "second generation" box did not have a "Made In Australia" sticker on it, and the boss went to great pains to point out that it also should NOT have the sticker on it.

When I questioned why (the first generation box DID have the sticker after all), he said it costs a bomb to have the right to display the sticker, so he told them to f*ck off. (though perhaps not in those particular words), the clients already knew we made them anyway, so he saw no point in paying lots of money for something that doesn't really add anything to the product.

In constrast, I did a Compaq course a bazillion years ago, where they told us (quite proudly) they only had something like 11% (long time ago, my numbers might be wrong) Australian content on their gear before being able to display the assembled in Australia sticker. Yep, the McDonalds-style cardboard, paper, plastic and foam packaging, counts as Australian content too, even if the ENTIRE computer was imported. Though to be fair, some specific bits of the software was configured or modified to suit the Australian region.

Seriously, the "Made In Australia" badge has turned out to be entirely about selling any old crap, rather than ensuring the thing is made here in the first place.

--
I don't care who you are, Fatso. Get the reindeer off my roof!
Reply to