Re: OT: Only in America

--
"I can\'t find any potential customers." Is a dandy excuse.
Reply to
John Fields

ur

And a compelling reason not to invest more time and money in what turned out to be an unrealitic idea. Some excuses do happen to be valid.

Your attempts at sarcasm are noted, but they are on a par with your attempts at logic.

The fact that I don't need to work doesn't mean that I don't want to work, but it does mean that I can reject boring work, like stacking shelves at the local supermarket. The local employment situation has perked up enough that I fianlly found a local job I could apply for earlier this week, not that I think that I've got much chance of getting it.

How very clever of you. What do you do when that isn't enough? Bearing in mind that every wet-behind-the-ears junior engineer will have tried this before coming to you for help.

Idiot.

I don't even hate Jim Thompson, though I do find him fun to pillory.

Because a good workman finds or makes good tools.

Because it doesn't exist.

agon

If it isn't there, you can't see it.

r.

You don't see much, do you.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I met Widlar's (last) girlfriend at the bar at the Washington Square Bar and Grille. They were living in Puerto Villarta and she was back in SF visiting relatives. We started talking, I mentioned that I was an EE, and we got around to discovering who she lived with. She was surprised that I'd heard of him and had no idea that he was famous. He apparently did IC layouts on the kitchen table and wouldn't let her ever see them. He sounded paranoid, and, as she noted with concern, was drinking himself to death.

John

Which you don\'t get, either.
Reply to
John Fields

e:

I understand what you think you are demonstrating but since your logic isn't actually valid, there's no real content to get.

Experience.

of

Right. If you aren't switching any load current - and the Maxim output switch is remarkably pathetic for something that is touted as a substitute for a 555, the monostable/bistable part of the circuit is less likely to be messed up by switching spikes. This isn't eliminating the problem, merely just avoiding the more flagrant examples of it.

No, I found other peoples' easier-to-use versions of his chips. It helped that they also saved board space.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Useful to themselves.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Don't forget drain fields. I have a dream of a house out in the booines with a drain field with crops planted over it.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--
Total nonsense.

Even with no load on the output, the supply current spike exhibited by
the original 555 was due to the time it spent with the totem pole
shorted during either transition.

With the advent of the very much faster and cleaner CMOS 555s, that
dwell time was reduced and the role of the high current switch was
delegated to an external transistor or MOSFET.

If you have a production bipolar 555 in your posession and, say, a 7555,
I\'d be interested in seeing the data you can get about the differences
in their unloaded and loaded transition currents.

If you don\'t, I do and, if you like, I\'ll send you one of each so you
can make some real-life measurements and report back on what you find.

You\'ll decline, of course , with an excuse like "I have no test
equipment" and then you\'ll continue to spew opinion instead of fact
while proclaiming your opinions to be fact, yes?

JF
Reply to
John Fields