Re: BWD 530A CRO MANUAL

Old 'scopes are fine if they suit the job.

The only links that I know of for BWD manuals are here:
http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/B.W.D/
http://www.kevinchant.com/bwd.html

Neither has a manual for the BWD 530.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: BWD 530A CRO MANUAL

** And they suit lots of jobs that DSOs like the Rigol do not.

** Popular models like the 539a, 509, 821 and 824 are there.

My main scope is an 821 - like the one in this pic:

http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/gallery/image.php?album_id10%65&image_id32%914&view=no_count

Dual trace, 50Mhz, 6.3kV acceleration on the tube which has an internal graticule. Bought new in 1995 and in daily use since. So far, one 22kohm resistor and a switch pot have needed replacing.

BWD scopes are models of economical design using readily available parts.

I also have a Rigol DS1052E, barely used except for image captures for publication on the net.

...  Phil

Re: BWD 530A CRO MANUAL

" Bought new in 1995 and in daily use since. "

** Correction:

   Bought new in 1985 ...

....  Phil

Re: BWD 530A CRO MANUAL

Ah, I was wondering.

The controls look nicely laid out.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: BWD 530A CRO MANUAL

** Yes - operating is very easy and intuitive and the trace is quite sharp
and bright. Being analogue means what you see is always real.

The same cannot be said for DSOs like the Rigol.

Learning to use one is quite tedious and you can never really trust what yo
u are seeing - the fact that sampling is at a *different rate* with each st
ep of the horizontal means the usable bandwidth is constantly changing and
there are strange artifacts from aliasing too.

What you see in never in real time, there is always a delay and even when t
he input signal stops, the DSO continues to display it for over a second.

....  Phil

Site Timeline