Re: Aldi socket set

What's the story? Is it like cicadas - only around for a short time every
few years?

;)
--
Shaun.

Re: Aldi socket set
I have got the same set. bought it at the end of previous batch for $28
(reduced after no one bought it)

Re: Aldi socket set

That is how a lot of the non-grocery lines work; send set lot to a store
and there until sold out, which can be one days or longer.
)

Re: Aldi socket set

Thanks to those who replied. As a non-Aussie I didn't know that. :)
--
Shaun.

Re: Aldi socket set

In the UK we have mostly Aldi and Lidl, my town only has Lidl.

The tools that come up occasionally can vary wildly from pretty good to not
fit for purpose.

On the whole, most tools have been OK for the price. A bicycle tool set had
a completely un-tempered chain wrench - the handle just folded as soon as I
put some effort into it.

Re: Aldi socket set

Looks like Germany really won the war after all!!!

Re: Aldi socket set

Vast amounts of looted gold and treasures that were never accounted for and
the prosperity of certain German companies seems just too much of a
coincidence.

One recent documentary suggests that the EU is pretty much based on the Nazi
economic plan, that has just been dressed up a little for the modern age.

Re: Aldi socket set

Not Aldi and Lidl, however. They are just very efficient at what they do.
Did you know Wal Mart couldn't stand the competition in Germany and took
the bat and ran home?

You mean democratic instead of a dictatorship?

Re: Aldi socket set

Apparently some of the firms that set up sweat shops to work the
concentration camp slaves to death, did rather well.

Re: Aldi socket set

 ** Like this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IG_Farben

....    Phil

Re: Aldi socket set

The name; Krupps rings a bell - that brand name was on my last coffee
perculator.

Re: Aldi socket set

Care to enlighten me on the title of said documentary? I'm curious.
--
Shaun.