Question for the techies re car amp.

OK. I've got a 4 channel, 200w/chan amp for the car. Channel 1 +ve works when hooked to Ch2 -ve, ch2 seems to works fine unless ch1 +ve is hooked into the -ve of 2. Ch 1 -ve seems to be dead entirely. Ch 3+4 work fine.

Looking to get rear stereo + sub outputs from it. Problem is, the sub needs to be bridged or is next to inaudible, and i've only got 3 good channels to work with, not 4.

Have a second cheapo Avalanche amp which powers the sub fine... Just don't want to be running two amps for no reason. The big one ain't worth the real estate if it only half works, I'll get a second $80 Avalanche as it's plenty enough for me.

Local chinese bloke reckons it's got four leaking transistors, costing ~$200 to fix. Only paid $50 for the damn thing. Any cheap fixes? Or even a bloke who won't charge the earth to repair the amp?

Don't want major doof, tho it would be nice occasionally to blow away a boyracer's fully sik sound system. Or at least hear mine over the sound of his panels vibrating.

Located near Penrith, NSW.

TIA

-mark

Reply to
Mark jb

The things people do to compensate for a small penis!

Cheers Ian

Reply to
Ian Du Rieu