Power adaptor

Hi all,

Just wondering when selecting a AC/DC power adaptor, should the amperage of the adaptor be bigger or lower than the required ampreage of the equipment required?

eg To power a Discman, and it required 4.5V DC, 200mA. Can I use a power adaptor with an amperage of 500mA?

Thanks in advance.

eltan

Reply to
eltan

higher is better.

Reply to
Matt2 - Amstereo

**Usually, yes. If using a higher current capacity adaptor, I suggest you ALWAYS choose one which is labelled "REGULATED".
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Thanks to all who reply.

of

Reply to
eltan

I second that FULLY !

you can use an adaptor with a higher current rating than is needed by the load. I would recommend buying one that is slightly higher than the load regardless, so as to have a bit of a margin for error.

Reply to
KLR