Oxygen Free Cables

I'm not sure what it is, but there's something dodgy about this analysis.

The Quad manuals say that an ESL is between 30 and 15 ohms from 40Hz to

8KHz. It should therefore be about 6 ohms at 18KHz.

Ringing suggests a resonance or rising frequency response, which would be caused by series inductance and the ESL's capacitance, and doesn't fit with Phil's severe high frequency loss.

I suppose I'd better get measuring, analyzing and plaiting my own cables.

--
Eiron
Reply to

I'd have to accept your considered view on that. Not having been properly house-trained myself, and barely able to run two words together coherently without going ballistic. Unless I've taken my pills.

Cheerio

..........Phillip

Reply to
Phillip Allison

change the oil every 6000km and make sure you lube the chain

Reply to
PhiI AIIison

Y'know somedays I almost miss Turcaud between his shock treatments and lithium scripts.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

"Eiron"

** The manual is simply not correct.

** This published graph is close to my own measurements.

** A sharp HF impedance dip will cause ringing in the drive wave for a non-zero source impedance.
** Better to post after doing that than before.

Lest you make an ass of yourself.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

About 1 1/4 inches?

Reply to
Psycho-boy

I suppose now that you must be using tassie devil gizzards for your moonlight evening tweaks, there being an accute shortage of hyenas down your way, but I hear that a lot can be achieved by whisking off a visiting politishun on fact finding missions for forest policies and boiling the bastard down at around election times.

Last time someone tried that they played an RCA copy of Gord Save the Quean, and it came out sounding like Walking Barkwards to Christmas, Across the Irish Sea....

Patrick Turner.

Reply to
Patrick Turner

You mean he's not a joke?

Reply to
Ayn Marx

ROTFLMAO

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge" >>>

  • So I bet was " Phouc Yu " when he cleaned out your bank and credit accounts.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Of course not. Inductance of RG213 is approximately 10% of that of zip cable. A big step up from 'zip' cable. I would estimate the inductance of Tocord to be around 4-5 times lower again.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

What delightful imagery. So typical of you and your particular fixations, Phil.

Reply to
paul packer

ROTFLMAO!

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Thanks, I hadn't seen that impedance graph recently. Anyone got an equivalent circuit to model the impedance of an ESL?

--
Eiron
Reply to

** I've got two ESL57s here. 3-D, solid matter simulators ;-)

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

** You incredibly illiterate moron!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!

He asked "Anyone got an equivalent circuit to model the impedance of an ESL?" You answered - "No, but I've got two cream cakes for little-lunch".

** Learn to read English. Then comes comprehension lessons. Don't even think about trying to reply coherently until you pass.

................Psycho-Boy

Reply to
Psycho-boy

Absolute rubbish!! Audio frequencies will simply travel down the path of least resistance

If you believe all the crap about audio cables then you deserved to be ripped off by the places that market them.

this is simply the time period it takes for you to fool yourself that the high price you paid for your cables was worth it.

Reply to
Brian

Duhh, he was taking the piss.

Reply to
Ian Mitchell

Either your wit is far too dry for me, or you need a new sarcasm detector. At least Dave was funny, IMO.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Hey, just because you can't you can't hear the difference doesn't mean others can't appreciate the immense difference good cables make.With my biased dielectrics I can even hear the difference between using NiCads versus NiMHs (NiMH are *very* clean and accurate, but I find NiCads, though slightly warm, altogether more "musical").

Reply to
Poxy