OT: Hard Drive LED

GDay All,

I've just installed an Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard but I'm having a problem getting the Hard Drive LED to work correctly.

I have connected the LED according to the manual and the LED stays on constantly.

There is no flickering of the LED at all. Reversing the connections of the LED gives nothing at all, the LED does not light at any time.

At this point, I'm thinking that perhaps the LED is incorrect for this application but I'm not sure. It is a 3mm Blue LED as supplied with the Antec TX1088AMG case.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong??

What should I try next??

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Regards Andy M

PS. All connections are clearly Marked, so that is NOT the problem.

Full Computer Specs: Intel D975XBX2 Pentium D 840 EE 3.2ghz

2 Gig Corsair 667mhz DDR2 Ram Gecube X850XT VIVO Graphics Card

4x Western Digital 250gig SATAII

1x Western Digital 80gig IDE 1x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D
Reply to
trumpy81

Andy-

That's a known problem in the older BIOSes. I think you can fix it by not disabling the Marvell SATA controller in the BIOS. There are also some newer BIOSes on Intel's site:

Note that the latest BIOSes blue-screen on Vista 64 and XP 64, and don't seem to be as stable when overclocking.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Riddle

GDay All,

Sean, thank you very much for the info. It has solved the problem of the HD LED staying on constantly. I did have the Marvel SATA controller disabled. Re-enabling the Marvel controller resulted in a working HD LED :)

It seems that Intel have not fixed this problem in the latest BIOS either, as I already had that installed. Version ...2431

Strangely enough, I had only just finished trying to install Vista 64 and getting the dreaded BSOD, before jumping back into XP and reading your reply. Now I know why I got the BSOD ..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This is not the sort of thing I expected when I decided to buy an Intel M/B. I figured that they make the processors, so why not the M/B's to go with them.

Oh well, you live and learn I guess .... lol

Regards Andy M

trumpy81

Andy-

I just read that the next BIOS will def> GDay All,

Reply to
Sean Riddle