NEC DX3000 VCR - slow rewind problem

I need help to solve a slow rewind problem in an NEC DX3000 VCR. I've changed the caps on the capstan motor PCB, and I've replaced the belts and tyres. I can't feel any excessive drag in the mechanism, only the light application of brake pads to maintain a minimal tape tension. The motor voltage is 7.4V which is correct according to the service manual. Fast forward is OK, but should probably be a little faster. The idler tyre has plenty of grip - I can feel the resistance of the servo in play and cue/review modes. It seems that the motor's torque is too low at the applied voltage. In fact I can easily stall the motor with light finger pressure. The drive voltage remains at 7.2 -

7.4V when I do this.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar