LTE will kill the NBN, just as unicorns are real

LTE will kill the NBN, just as unicorns are real

Let?s get one thing very, very clear straight away: Any form of over-the-air mobile broadband is not ? in any way ? a replacement for a wired network like the NBN. It?s just not. What it is, however, is a fantastic piece of complementary technology that allows consumers and business the chance to expand their horizons beyond what?s available if you?re limited to development on a PC chained to desk.

Of course, the idea of having two similar but different technologies existing at once and providing similar services is completely beyond the seemingly small minds of those opposing such a situation. But then, it?s not like we?d expect them to understand the technical and practical limitations that exist in having this ?one or the other but not both? mindset ? especially when it comes to why mobile just isn?t the answer.

While Telstra?s (and Optus?s ? and maybe even Vodafone?s) LTE (4G) mobile broadband networks will improve bandwidth within the mobile space compared to what we?re used to (especially for those of us trying to use our iPhones on Optus ?), it?s not going to come anywhere near improving on the service promised by the Labor Government in the National Broadband Network.

Full Story:

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie