4KV on PCB (Esd Test)

Emanuele

--
*** YOUR ELECTRONICS OPEN SOURCE ***

http://dev.emcelettronica.com;---------------------------------------------------------
(Full Projects and resources)
Reply to
Emanuele

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:32:51 +0100, Emanuele Gave us:

Trust me, that PCB would have fried chips long before that spark gap voltage would ever get reached.

CMOS can get killed with as little as a few volts, and typically get killed by less than 30V.

Just raising your arms in the air in a dry lab with no ESD smock on can generate that much differential.

Reply to
MassiveProng

Lower voltage, but with petrol added:

Peter Parker

MassiveProng ha scritto:

I trust You, but this only a test for verify the discharge of high energy before the protection device (against the destruction of transil and varistor)

In Telecom PCB, we use primary protection and secondary protection, the PCB acute (tips) are only an additionally protection

Emanuele

--
*** YOUR ELECTRONICS OPEN SOURCE ***

http://dev.emcelettronica.com;---------------------------------------------------------
Progetti Completi e Risorse (Full Projects and resources):
Reply to
Emanuele

That would probably work better sticking a carburettor on the end of the hose.

Reply to
ian field

Is that what people do with broadband, waste Internet bandwidth mean while my 56K dial up is getting slower and slower

Dave :)

Reply to
Frank