Help with Resitor?

I'm trying to set up a simple two way speaker system using the following components.

Two SR powered speakers and Two Turbosound Powered bass bins.

Both fed from line out mixing desk.

What I want to do is limit the amount of bass frequency to the SR powered cabinets without using an active crossover. I can feed a signal to the bass bins, which in turn has its own crossover, which has a line out to the smaller top speakers, but I want to reduce the bass frequency - I've read that you can just put a resistor in line to the smaller speakers that will do the job.

Now I've a good working knowledge of electronics, but theory is not one of them. Any ideas welcome

Paul

--
pcjbt[removeme]@btinternet.com
Reply to

think about a series capactor to the smaller speakers which will limit the bass

-||-

Reply to
Ed /:-}

Thanks, but I've no idea of what type or rating.

thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul

as you have a good working knowledge, just try any old caps and see what works and what doesn't.

Reply to
<test>

Good job they didn't apply your solution to the testing of the atom bomb!

Reply to
Paul

I guess they knew speakers weren't useful in an atom bomb, particularly with too much bass.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Start searching the web using terms like 'speaker' 'crossover' and 'calculate'. A site like:

comes up. It may be useful to you - there are plenty of others. Philips (used to anyway) have a book which was basically a design bible for crossovers. I no longer dabble in such stuff so have lost the links I had, but that one seems worthwhile.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor