energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

please help me ..... I want to build an energy meter with AVR micro controller but I don't know what I have to do .... please sent to me a file or articles or anything that can help me ....... please can you help me? first, I have to make AVR system downloader....... and I don't know I have to try it.

thanks a lot of your attention...

Reply to
ast

Let me guess, it's a uni project?

PIC version:

Convert source code to run on AVR and you are done. Assembly code unfortunately:

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

ATMEL has an app-note on their website

programming hardware? there's a bunch of them out there all the open source programming software comes with how-tos for building atleast one type. If your PC has a printer port the printer-port based ones are the simplest to make.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Learning some electronics (and basic electricity) is usually a good starting point. That's how I learnt to be a design consultant. It requires though, effort, motivation and lots of time.

You're not so much trying to run before you can walk but be an Olympic athlete first.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Had some problems with the printer port i/f programming Atmel 89c51 family. Just unreliable. Doesn't always work. Re-boots sometimes needed (under XP ).

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I can't comment on that I've only used parallel programmers with linux (and briefly win98) and only with AVR chips, never had an issue that needed a reboot to enable the programmer.

Is the 89c51 programming a SPI type of interface like the AVR or something else?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

ily.

XP

g else?

jasen, how about the compiler program codevision AVR or AVR studio or something else?

Reply to
ast

I've been using a printer port PIC programmer under XP without problem. Could be it's driver is just better designed. I just bought a USB one though as my laptop has no parallel port, that is what will eventually cause the demise of the printer port type.

Keith

Reply to
Keithr

I use the avr targeted version of GCC for C, and avra for (ATMEL syntax) assembler, and arvdude to load...

there's a bunch I haven't used too. sdcc, ava, uisp ,simulavr ...

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Might be cheaper to just buy a USB to parallel port adapter if you already have one though. But I doubt anyone is designing anything new for parallel port use.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

might be. linux provides an abstraction layer that'd probably let parallel-port programmer software work with USB printer ports. but I get the feeling that most windows ones want to access the hardware directly. ICBW.

there is that guy in S.E.B. with his 30VAC motor monitor...

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts