Help with logic truth tables

Hi It is years since I dabbled in electronics. I need a J K Flip Flop (4000 series) J=K=1 Toggles on clock pulse (positive or negative). J=K=0 No change. I thought all JKs did this but 4027 truth table is strange.

Reply to
Des

Que? This one is exactly as per your description.

Or are you saying that the actual device isn't behaving in accordance with the truth table? In that case, the problem could be unterminated pins, supply rail noise or contact bounce on an input.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Download one of the free spice simulation packages and have a play.

Reply to
Dennis

He's expecting the thing to toggle on either edge of the clock, not a standard thing. Datasheet says it flips on rising clock edge only.

Perhaps try an xor with RC to one input, to make a clock pulse ___/\___ from each incoming edge?

Grant.

Reply to
omg

He said positive OR negative, not positive AND negative. I don't think he meant both, eh?

Reply to
yaputya

Then there are those who understand digital and those that don't.

It might be better if the Original Poster explains what the requirement is, rather than persist trying to make a flawed implementation work.

Reply to
terryc