Electronics Engineering Video Blog

'Estinguished guest' would be more like it.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to

David L. Jones wrote:it will have an unavoidable Aussie flavour.

Pull up a billabong and whack the diddly-o down cobber!!

Have you seen those cheap $15 webcams at the import shops? it may be worth grabbing a couple for the "Studio"

Reply to
Mark Harriss

I'm using an "ancient" 2 y/o webcam. Just discovered that that frame rate appears to vary with the image brightness! When I useed it the other day to shoot it was working fine at 30fps, but I was playing with it this morning and it was only 10fps. Point it toward a bright light source like the window and it climbs up to near 30fps again. A linear type increase with brightness. Weird. Just realised too that my digital camera has a 640x480 30fps video mode and can also be used as webcam. The webcam mode only seems to work at around

10fps (no brightnes issue), but the standalone video mode works great. Only limitation is the internal mic is a bit noisy and is only sampled at 8 bits. So unless I upgrade my gear, the choice at the moment is either higher res and clearer video with so-so audio, or 320x240 webcam quality with good audio...

Perhaps a new $15 webcam is in order!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Not that weird, it obviously slows down to gather enough photons for the exposure, you could try fitting a larger diameter lens than the tiny one it usually has, or even try a telescope eyepiece to obtain the extra photon gathering power needed. Frame rate and image noise should improve accordingly.

So when does the watch calculator kit hit the market?. I want to add an IR LED so it can be programmed with the 400 odd TV remote turn off and turn on codes like that guy's invention.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
Mark Harriss

I'm been selling them for over a year now! The 4th batch of kits has been and gone. Although I do have a few more I'm going to release for sale again soon, but that will be it I think as the project no longer holds as much interest for me as it once did.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I think most of it would have worked well as a podcast, with no video at all.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Great work, keep it going! Even as a clueless student, I found it very interesting..

Regards,

Ross..

Reply to
Ross Vumbaca

Should be more! Rgds Ian Macmillan

Reply to
Ian Macmillan

Nice job!

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Dave, I liked your video, Do do another!

George Herold

Reply to
ggherold

Thanks. Another one is up:

But you would have already known that if you subscribed to my RSS feed or YouTube account :-)

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks. Another one is up:

But you would have already known that if you subscribed to my RSS feed or YouTube account :-)

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Hi Dave,

Like your video blogs. Nice work. No doubt you'll get better at it as time goes on. Particularly interested in your high speed data book review. I must check it out.

When is Phil doing a guest spot? I bet thousands out there can't wait to see that one. :-)

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge" time goes on.

Things might also improve if I decide to actually get a script to work from, or do more than one take, or lean to act, or... ! :->

I'm sure it would rate highly! How about it Phil?

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones