DSE returns policy

Hm, not being a marketing fellow I would hazard the guess that owing two brands gives market dominance and there is the advantage of having fake competition.

Reply to
Geoff Lock

I offer a 12/12 warranty here. 12 seconds or 12 metres, whichever comes first.

--

Krypsis
Reply to

Dan's the Man!

Reply to
el Presidenti

Basically they bought both.

They also bought Dick Smith and Officeworks too.

BWS has rather smaller operations and if they had decided to kill one of the brands, that might well lose some of the customers.

No risk of that keeping both brands.

Reply to
Rod Speed

14 day actually.

But that is no longer the case.

Reply to
Clocky

Not when I worked there a few years ago. It was 14 days and the only question asked if there was something wrong with it so it could be processed through the repair channels.

That's all changed now though.

Reply to
Clocky

A kit I bought 20 years ago had soldering instructions and solder, but advanced kits didn't because it was assumed (and recommended) that experienced assemblers put them together.

All the ones you assembled would have included solder and instructions.

Reply to
Clocky

Creates a sort of artificial competition where Woolies wins no matter where people end up buying their grog.

Reply to
Clocky

Duck Smith owned by Woolworths

Officeworks owned by Coles.

Reply to
Polly the Parrott

Reply to
F Murtz

There was a time when DSE did some pretty impressive stuff. I purchased and put together their 2 metre transceiver kit, it took me ages, but getting it working was very straightforward, the instructions were excellent, and the final result was totally satisfactory. That was in the 80s, having read this thread I went out and put it on the air again, still works. Lo how the mighty have fallen...

Reply to
Bruce Varley