Linaro 30 day GPL'd software retention policy suspicious?

Linaro 30 day GPL'd software retention policy suspicious?

Linaro distro maker that takes Ubuntu sources and creates
Linaro ARM hf distros is a good thing.

But a little unknown suspicious activity
is also taking place with their distro intermediate releases.

Those items have a 30 day retentions policy.

In all, a 30 day retention policy don't sound too bad, after all
why would anyone want old junk code that has been superceeded
with better bug fixed versions?

Wrong!

The newer versions are not being released which effectively
kills any kind of chance you would have had to download an old version
and fix its defects and continue to use the original distro
if new ones are not being released!!!!

So what do the Linaro management trolls want when they start
deleting old versions of distros after 30 days and not replace
it with anything? These days 4 TB disks are common - so it can't
be a question of space.

If they need community support, they need to retain their
older test build distros for a lot longer than 30 days.
Otherwise, there is no way for people to download their
stuff, particularly older stuff no one else is working on,
to get in the bug fixes and get it working on more platforms.

These intermediate release distros are a treasure because
they have latest fixes and more stuff that is working
than any previous releases allowing more developers to port
it into more gadgets, test it and report back any further
problems that need fixing.

So Linaro developers need to rise up and see the damage
being done by management trolls futher up the company
that are undermining their important work by dictacting
open source unfriendly retention policy like 30 days
which reeks of idiocy.

Re:"7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?
"7"  tard yapped:

Of course it is suspicious, it was never open sore, the "president" of COLA
lied (as always).
http://www.enemygadgets.com/stellar.html

--
"7" the fscking scumbag liar who claimed to be the "European Inventor of the
Year" which is total bullshit.

That has to be some kind of geek sarcasm.
Nobody could possibly believe those inventions to be real.

Maybe he is some kind of Star Trek fan and totally absorbed in it.
I've seen people like that before.

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

He (7) certainly believes his inventions are real. In fact, he's tried to
get funding for his "inventions." And he can't figure out why he's not
getting the responses and interest he believes he should be getting.  Read
the "letter sent" part below, it's hilarious.

<quote>
From: snipped-for-privacy@stellar.demon.co.uk (Joseph Michael)
Subject: Venture capital scene
Date: 1998/08/24
Newsgroups: alt.inventors,uk.finance,uk.misc

I've faxed almost around 100 of the UK's venture capital companies
to prepare for something that is coming up in 6 months time..
This time I seem to be getting a good response - but the funny
thing is that as a UK inventor, almost nothing had changed - except for the
fact that I had tied up with a US outfit which is one of the easiest
things I had the pleasure of doing business with!

After trying 4 years to get these guys interested, I can't
imagine why they would take such an interest now particularly
since a lot of the benefits of the venture can't now end up in the UK.

Another point I noted was some of these companies in the BVCA apparently
can't read a letter, do not have e-mail or access to web browsers or
at the very least don't know how to use such technology!
Its sad when you see something like that in this day and age and
a person signs their name Sir ........ ............

Somebody help me out here - what must we do?

---Letter Sent---
Date: ......
Dear Mr. ....... .....,

I am one of those unexpected inventors that has
made something new that is so profound, and yet
so very rare to witness - a fundamentally new
technology that is valued at several billion dollars.

<snip> Garbage lunatic claims </snip>

What we need is a VC firm to raise a third of the
$10 million stock (preferably the portions that set
up RCI) in UK's financial markets around 6
months from now. The deal I have with NTDC is
that I will be technical director of RCI with 5% of
the shares at set up time, and if I manage to turn
RCI into a $100 million+ business by year 5, the
deal is that I get 30% of the shares.

If you are prosperous in the venture, you will be
allowed to participate in further VC operations to
set up more businesses 2 years from now, when
all the fundamental work in RCI is completed.

I remain optimistic to hear from you soon.

If you require further information, I can be
contacted on:-

J. Michael, Robodyne Cybernetics, 23
Portland Rise, London N4 2PT
Tel - 0181-800 9914, Fax - 0181-800 9915
Mobile phone 041-079 8552
</quote>

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t603064-re-my-new-computer-died.html

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

Apparently this one is a certified nut. He does seem harmless enough
though, as long as you hide your wallet when he is around.
That letter reads like one of those Nigerian scams.

He has a good, witty sense of humor, at least from what I have read
in this group, so I won't put him in the bin with snit and his
various socks.

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

I thought this post of his was witty/funny. As for him being a
genius, I seriously doubt that.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en #!original/comp.os.linux.advocacy/lp7vgPU8mvA/TSzv4BmMf1oJ

"> It's probably some single point of failure they didn't plan on.

"Do you mean the single point of failure which management trolls
that have infiltrated google have put in through which
all traffic passes to generate copies to send to NSA trolls?

Yes I think I know which one that is then.
Hey Schmidt, its that wire marked NSA troll feed, fifth row, 3rd
server
in data center labelled x. The duct tape has come loose again."

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

His "witty sense of humor" becomes old and tired after the same juvenile
nonsense is repeated ad nauseum for years and years.

--
"I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits

After googling him I can see why. He repeats the same very long
somewhat obtuse messages multiple times. If it gets to be too much,
he can join snit and his sock collection in the bin.

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

I'm not sure what all that juvenile pee pee stuff is but when I see
those messages from anonymous TOR servers I just skip them.

I admit I find snit fascinating. Evidently I am in good company
because the guy has web pages devoted to exposing his trolling
tactics.
There is a difference between observing and discussing him and
actually engaging in conversation with snit.
I refuse to get sucked into his lair.

If the rest of this group would act accordingly by ignoring snit he
would be forced to leave because it's obvious he is an attention
seeker.
But people choose to engage him and directly feed his addiction.

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

You evaded my point, "Richard".

No, you're really not.

Both activites reward the the thing's behavior.

Much of that  "rest of the group", are trolls that don't mind one bit
that the group is being trashed.

No, but at least the group would not revolve around it.

I suggest that all of you who find that thing "fascinating" form your
own newsgroup, dedicated to arguing-with and/or discussing that
serially-lying thing, and take it out of cola.

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

Snit Michael Glasser was even once on the "kook of the year" list
He did not make it though, as his posting habits were not vile enough, just
posting constant lies was not enough to get him elected

Good so

He does not leave then. Instead he floods the group with dozens of "new"
threads, which are in reality old threads rehashed.
And he unleashes an army of socks then

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

Please quote some of these lies.

Oh.

You can't find any.

Bottom line: it pisses you off that I am honest, am good at research, and am
humble. You and your herd do not know how to handle that.

--
Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion
against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world... would

As nutty as Snit is, he doesn't come near the trolling levels attained by
people like John Grubor, Steve Boursy, Colin James or Bill Palmer.

--
This is my signature file.

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

lol ! Great catch. The  7 guy must be the laughing stock of the inventors
community by now.

at 25 PORTLAND RISE, LONDON, ENGLAND for the "Manufacture of computers and
peripheral equipment".
Company directors and board members: JOSEPH MICHAEL ( = "7" ) Director,
ELECTRONICS ENGINEER.
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/gplsquared
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

They probably had the same reaction that I did meaning it's some kind
of a joke.
He might be serious, apparently he is, but it would take a real dim
bulb to invest money in something like that.

Re: "7 tard's Stellar Drive Engine GPL'd policy suspicious?

You've become a man of  few words.

Linaro 30 day GPL'd software retention policy suspicious?

Thanks for the link troll, it was interesting :)

I notice one post about Linaro has brought down 11 troll posts.

Do I get any prizes for a troll kill ratio of 1:11?

Have you read the OP? Here it is again:

[...]

Site Timeline