Linaro 30 day GPL'd software retention policy suspicious?

Linaro 30 day GPL'd software retention policy suspicious?

Linaro distro maker that takes Ubuntu sources and creates Linaro ARM hf distros is a good thing.

But a little unknown suspicious activity is also taking place with their distro intermediate releases.

Those items have a 30 day retentions policy.

In all, a 30 day retention policy don't sound too bad, after all why would anyone want old junk code that has been superceeded with better bug fixed versions?

Wrong!

The newer versions are not being released which effectively kills any kind of chance you would have had to download an old version and fix its defects and continue to use the original distro if new ones are not being released!!!!

So what do the Linaro management trolls want when they start deleting old versions of distros after 30 days and not replace it with anything? These days 4 TB disks are common - so it can't be a question of space.

If they need community support, they need to retain their older test build distros for a lot longer than 30 days. Otherwise, there is no way for people to download their stuff, particularly older stuff no one else is working on, to get in the bug fixes and get it working on more platforms.

These intermediate release distros are a treasure because they have latest fixes and more stuff that is working than any previous releases allowing more developers to port it into more gadgets, test it and report back any further problems that need fixing.

So Linaro developers need to rise up and see the damage being done by management trolls futher up the company that are undermining their important work by dictacting open source unfriendly retention policy like 30 days which reeks of idiocy.

Reply to
7

"7" tard yapped:

--------------------------------------------------------- Of course it is suspicious, it was never open sore, the "president" of COLA lied (as always).

-- "7" the fscking scumbag liar who claimed to be the "European Inventor of the Year" which is total bullshit.

*------------------| EUROPEAN INVENTOR OF THE YEAR 1995 |----------------*

The first European Inventor of the Year awards took place at the AutoWorld Museum in Brussels on 3 May 2006.

Reply to
Cola Zealot

That has to be some kind of geek sarcasm. Nobody could possibly believe those inventions to be real.

Maybe he is some kind of Star Trek fan and totally absorbed in it. I've seen people like that before.

Reply to
Richard M

He (7) certainly believes his inventions are real. In fact, he's tried to get funding for his "inventions." And he can't figure out why he's not getting the responses and interest he believes he should be getting. Read the "letter sent" part below, it's hilarious.

From: snipped-for-privacy@stellar.demon.co.uk (Joseph Michael) Subject: Venture capital scene Date: 1998/08/24 Message-ID: X-Mail2News-Path: news.demon.net!stellar.demon.co.uk X-Trace: mail2news.demon.co.uk 903963693 mail2news:26094 mail2news mail2news.demon.co.uk Organization: Stellar Drive Reply-To: snipped-for-privacy@stellar.demon.co.uk Newsgroups: alt.inventors,uk.finance,uk.misc

I've faxed almost around 100 of the UK's venture capital companies to prepare for something that is coming up in 6 months time.. This time I seem to be getting a good response - but the funny thing is that as a UK inventor, almost nothing had changed - except for the fact that I had tied up with a US outfit which is one of the easiest things I had the pleasure of doing business with!

After trying 4 years to get these guys interested, I can't imagine why they would take such an interest now particularly since a lot of the benefits of the venture can't now end up in the UK.

Another point I noted was some of these companies in the BVCA apparently can't read a letter, do not have e-mail or access to web browsers or at the very least don't know how to use such technology! Its sad when you see something like that in this day and age and a person signs their name Sir ........ ............

Somebody help me out here - what must we do?

---Letter Sent--- Date: ...... Dear Mr. ....... .....,

I am one of those unexpected inventors that has made something new that is so profound, and yet so very rare to witness - a fundamentally new technology that is valued at several billion dollars.

Garbage lunatic claims

What we need is a VC firm to raise a third of the $10 million stock (preferably the portions that set up RCI) in UK's financial markets around 6 months from now. The deal I have with NTDC is that I will be technical director of RCI with 5% of the shares at set up time, and if I manage to turn RCI into a $100 million+ business by year 5, the deal is that I get 30% of the shares.

If you are prosperous in the venture, you will be allowed to participate in further VC operations to set up more businesses 2 years from now, when all the fundamental work in RCI is completed.

I remain optimistic to hear from you soon.

If you require further information, I can be contacted on:-

J. Michael, Robodyne Cybernetics, 23 Portland Rise, London N4 2PT Tel - 0181-800 9914, Fax - 0181-800 9915 Mobile phone 041-079 8552

Ezekiel

Apparently this one is a certified nut. He does seem harmless enough though, as long as you hide your wallet when he is around. That letter reads like one of those Nigerian scams.

He has a good, witty sense of humor, at least from what I have read in this group, so I won't put him in the bin with snit and his various socks.

Reply to
Richard M

lol ! Great catch. The 7 guy must be the laughing stock of the inventors community by now.

at 25 PORTLAND RISE, LONDON, ENGLAND for the "Manufacture of computers and peripheral equipment". Company directors and board members: JOSEPH MICHAEL ( = "7" ) Director, ELECTRONICS ENGINEER.

Cola Zealot

I thought this post of his was witty/funny. As for him being a genius, I seriously doubt that.

"> It's probably some single point of failure they didn't plan on.

"Do you mean the single point of failure which management trolls that have infiltrated google have put in through which all traffic passes to generate copies to send to NSA trolls?

Yes I think I know which one that is then. Hey Schmidt, its that wire marked NSA troll feed, fifth row, 3rd server in data center labelled x. The duct tape has come loose again."

Reply to
Richard M

They probably had the same reaction that I did meaning it's some kind of a joke. He might be serious, apparently he is, but it would take a real dim bulb to invest money in something like that.

Reply to
Richard M

His "witty sense of humor" becomes old and tired after the same juvenile nonsense is repeated ad nauseum for years and years.

--
"I've done for example SQL optimization and the reason I could do it better
than the best high level experts can do was because I think in hex and bits

Babbling idiot "7"
March 7, 2012
Reply to
Ezekiel

You've become a man of few words.

Reply to
Ezekiel

After googling him I can see why. He repeats the same very long somewhat obtuse messages multiple times. If it gets to be too much, he can join snit and his sock collection in the bin.

Reply to
Richard M

Thanks for the link troll, it was interesting :)

I notice one post about Linaro has brought down 11 troll posts.

Do I get any prizes for a troll kill ratio of 1:11?

Have you read the OP? Here it is again:

[...]

I'm not sure what all that juvenile pee pee stuff is but when I see those messages from anonymous TOR servers I just skip them.

I admit I find snit fascinating. Evidently I am in good company because the guy has web pages devoted to exposing his trolling tactics. There is a difference between observing and discussing him and actually engaging in conversation with snit. I refuse to get sucked into his lair.

If the rest of this group would act accordingly by ignoring snit he would be forced to leave because it's obvious he is an attention seeker. But people choose to engage him and directly feed his addiction.

Reply to
Richard M

You evaded my point, "Richard".

No, you're really not.

Both activites reward the the thing's behavior.

Much of that "rest of the group", are trolls that don't mind one bit that the group is being trashed.

No, but at least the group would not revolve around it.

I suggest that all of you who find that thing "fascinating" form your own newsgroup, dedicated to arguing-with and/or discussing that serially-lying thing, and take it out of cola.

Reply to
chrisv

Snit Michael Glasser was even once on the "kook of the year" list He did not make it though, as his posting habits were not vile enough, just posting constant lies was not enough to get him elected

Good so

He does not leave then. Instead he floods the group with dozens of "new" threads, which are in reality old threads rehashed. And he unleashes an army of socks then

Reply to
Peter Köhlmann

Please quote some of these lies.

Oh.

You can't find any.

Bottom line: it pisses you off that I am honest, am good at research, and am humble. You and your herd do not know how to handle that.

--
Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion
against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world... would

As nutty as Snit is, he doesn't come near the trolling levels attained by people like John Grubor, Steve Boursy, Colin James or Bill Palmer.

--
This is my signature file.
Reply to