Dang - missed Earth Hour again

I wish they'd advertise it better, so that I can ignore it deliberately.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Is that an Australian thing? - Never heard of it here in the UK.

http://www.avg.com
Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

Col

Colin Horsley

It was started here, to our shame, but it got picked up in a number of other countries.

Showing support by turning off efficient lighting, and burning inefficient CO2 emitting candles instead, is a common theme.

Earth hour is, above all, a demonstration of ignorance.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

No. It's just a demonstration. Instead of using fuel to get to the demo and then marching to parliament house you stay home and turn the electricity off for an hour. It is not intended to save electricity but, like a street march, it is intended to show solidarity with all the other people who want action on climate change.

Reply to
Gordon Levi

Governments do that all the time - so why not the plebs...................

http://www.avg.com
Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

I'm afraid it's a little late to start worrying about the Chinese building nuclear weapons:

__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#
Reply to
Computer Nerd Kev

But they needn't bother making missiles if they're handling a pile of nuclear material right here.................

All they need is set the reactor to blow and then leave.

http://www.avg.com
Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

Stupid to do that, they wouldn't get any more work building nukes, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Seriously?!!! Are you really that thick? AFAIK: the Chinese don't advertise building nuclear power stations in other countries as a business venture. The UK Tories invited them to build and operate the plant on the Private Finance Initiative model.

Its really quite simple - get someone else to pay for the nuclear power

accounts.

http://www.avg.com
Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot