cotton-insulated wire

I thought this stuff might be sold for nostalgia restoration projects,
but one vendor has this bullshit-

Jupiter wire products are all of high purity metals with natural cotton or
silk insulation. Plastic insulation and coatings can have strained or glari
ng sonic attributes which are unnatural to the ear. Cotton and Silk insulat
ion acts as a ?brous matrix for separating wires while maintaining
a predominantly air dielectric, sonically very natural and open. So many of
 the modern innovations do not translate to better or more natural sound.

Re: cotton-insulated wire
On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 20:30:07 -0800 (PST)

Well, it's logical that a different dielectric constant in the
insulation gives a different characteristic impedance of the cable, so
yes, I can imagine that the insulating material has an influence on the
perceived sound. Especially at the higher frequencies it's important
that the group velocities don't differ too much between frequencies
because that would negatively influence the phase relationship between
the highs and lows, leading to a totally different sound image from
how the instruments sound in reality.

Where can I buy those cables?

joe

Re: cotton-insulated wire

Lol, good one.

Re: cotton-insulated wire
On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 22:04:35 +0800

Glad you got the intention of my post right. :)

joe

Re: cotton-insulated wire

;-)

Re: cotton-insulated wire
Pretty standard audiophool bullshit.

Re: cotton-insulated wire

Welcome to the world of audiophoolery :)

Others have posted some links, here are a couple priceless gems on
the topic by Dave Jones himself.

http://www.eevblog.com/2009/09/07/eevblog-29-audiophile-audiophoolery/

http://www.eevblog.com/2015/03/01/eevblog-719-sony-low-noise-audiophile-
sdxc-memory-card/