cotton-insulated wire

I thought this stuff might be sold for nostalgia restoration projects, but one vendor has this bullshit-

Jupiter wire products are all of high purity metals with natural cotton or silk insulation. Plastic insulation and coatings can have strained or glari ng sonic attributes which are unnatural to the ear. Cotton and Silk insulat ion acts as a ?brous matrix for separating wires while maintaining a predominantly air dielectric, sonically very natural and open. So many of the modern innovations do not translate to better or more natural sound.

Reply to
bruce56

Well, it's logical that a different dielectric constant in the insulation gives a different characteristic impedance of the cable, so yes, I can imagine that the insulating material has an influence on the perceived sound. Especially at the higher frequencies it's important that the group velocities don't differ too much between frequencies because that would negatively influence the phase relationship between the highs and lows, leading to a totally different sound image from how the instruments sound in reality.

Where can I buy those cables?

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Pretty standard audiophool bullshit.

Reply to
keithr

Lol, good one.

Reply to
Clocky

Glad you got the intention of my post right. :)

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

;-)

Reply to
Clocky

Welcome to the world of audiophoolery :)

Others have posted some links, here are a couple priceless gems on the topic by Dave Jones himself.

sdxc-memory-card/

Don't forget to check this one!

cables/

Reply to