CFLs Compulsory for All ??

**Yep. Same alloy as in CFLs.

**Yep. Same as CFLs.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

Fair comment. However I object to paying more simply because it's an incentive to use less. I use as little as I can now, so why should I be penalised? I'd like to go ex-grid, but the technology isn't there yet to provide a reasonable alternative in suburbia.

Ignorant, stupid people are everywhere.

so

an

Only electricity? Fossil fuels are used in other areas as well. I'm suspicious when the media are banging away at something 'in the national interest'. It stinks of political PR spin. There's usually other agendas at play.

Maybe we could convert all the fat being carried by fat people into energy...

instead

examples

Reply to
swanny

Yeah, I know, I'm in the same situation. I do hope people wise up so prices *don't* have to rise. It's not a bad start with more than 125000 homes already signed up for Green Power, but that doesn't mean they are reducing usage as well.

Yes, me too. From a financial point of view only a fool would put solar cells on their roof in suburbia when you can now buy solar power from the already existing grid for an extra 5cents/kWh.

Yep, so are stupid goverment people who allow the sale of recycled water for about 1/3 of what is costs to actually produce.

propaganda, so

of an

Yep, plenty of places.

I try to reduce my car usage, and I offset all my carbon as well, quite a few schemes around to do that now.

I'd love to get one of those electric scooters, but the idea of getting creamed on the highway is not all that inviting. Now, if only everyone switched to them at once...

play.

There are ALWAYS other agendas at play!

What if they hooked up those treadmills on the "Biggest Looser" show to a grid inverter?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Do a bit of research FFS. Recycled water in Sydney is sold at 80% of the cost of fresh potable water. Rather than argue have a look at the IPART site

Reply to
Blutt

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

I have been informed by someone in the know at Sydney Water that it costs around $1.60/kL to produce and deliver the recycled water, and it is currently sold to residential customers at around $0.30/kL, which is soon to be raised to more like $1/kL.

If you have numbers to the contrary I would be interested to see them.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

That has nothing to do with my claim that they make a LOSS on supplying recycled water.

Ok, I just did, here:

Quote: "Prices for recycled water at Rouse Hill were first set by the Tribunal in 1993 and have remained almost the same in real terms since then. The charges were initially set, and have remained, well below the scheme's operating cost to encourage development and use of the recycled water. "

That backs up my source and claim that Sydney Water make a LOSS from supplying recycled water.

Once again, if you have the figures to prove otherwise, I would like to see them.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

water.

Why do you think these two statements are contradictory? Recycled water simply costs more to produce.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Yeah but caouse they is stupid they dont know dey stupid, man!!

Reply to
Jonno

They are.

Knock on the door, waffle. "what time tomorrow?"

No luck as I had them already installed.

Didn't get down towhich gov it was.

So, buy a pack of incandescents for when they knock on your door {:-).

I've had 3 offers of free cfls so far. 2 lots of 5 and 1 total. One neighbour had 22 lights changed (and conned a few spare).

Will have to see if that includes the garage? {:-).

Reply to
Terryc

David L. Jones wrote: There was a company at an eco show I went

6 or 8 lights (2 diff low wattages) and the water saving head.

Apparently we are signed up with them for greenhouse.

Reply to
Terryc