Anyone got a junked Laserjet 1010/1012/1015/1018/1020 printer?

Hi again, Sorry if this seems to be slightly off-topic. I'm looking for an output paper feed roller drive gear for my Laserjet 1020. HP won't supply it on its own. As far as I can tell, the 1000 series Laserjets all use the same gear. There's a photo of it at

If you have a scrapped printer and would like to sell me that gear, please let me know. Thanks. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

try Revolve at the tip

Reply to
eltan

What on earth are you doing? That printer is trashed now that 0.01c worth of plastic is broken off. Throw it away immediately. How are HP going to make an income if you keep repairing their printers?

Michael

PS. I bet they did everything they could to make it difficult to repair. :-)

Reply to
Michael C

I actually found a service manual on the net which was pretty good at explaining how to take it apart. Of course you can't buy many individual parts for it, only complete sub-assemblies and things like the output document holder. I wasn't surprised to see lots of references to the effect of "If this part is broken, replace the printer".

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I have a junked 3200m all-in-one. This uses the same engine as the 1100....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

I've been looking, but can't find a detailed drawing of the fuser output rollers on that model. The gear I need has 14 teeth....

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Sorry, it's not 'that' junked. I bought one on eBay because this one had a dud modem board; so I've not dug into the mechanicals.

Funny...turned out the eBay one was easier to fix, so this one still sits.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Hi!

Good luck finding the part.

I have at least one DeskJet 5850 that's only good as a locally connected printer after a firmware upgrade that went wrong. Apparently the internal J6077a JetDirect isn't actually upgradeable or the firmware is bad. Either way, HP has never commented, doesn't sell the (removable once you get the printer apart) JetDirect module, or offered to fix this problem.

If you can't find a replacement gear, you might try making and installing a new tooth. There's information in the FAQ about doing this.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I have just sold a broken LJ1022 on eBay, got a whole $23.50 for it!. Try eBay.. Colin

Reply to
Colin Horsley