Acrylic caps at Farnell

Hi to all,

the latest thing in SMD caps is "acrylic" dielectric, stacked film - values up to 1uF are available in 1206 and 1210 size !!!!

Said to be ideal for audio applications in lieu of hi-k ceramic or tantalum.

Best of all, they are relatively cheap at about $ 0.35+ ea in quantity.

I can just see all the audiophools going ape shit over their " transparent sound " !!!!

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No, you can't.

Reply to
TomTom

Even the brand is a fancy sounding audiophool friendly name - "Cornell Dubilier"

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I seem to remember it was black plastic encapsulated Dubilier 0.01uF paper film coupling caps in original VOX AC30's that used to gradually disintegrate over time. They would literally crumble apart.

The audiophools would doubtless pay a fortune for any NOS !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I seem to recall very good Dublier electros in something. Was it a Neve ?

geoff

Reply to
geoff