1kW solar grid interactive - update

is

stand

the

all

I don't know why you're giving me a lecture on basic physics. As I said, the issue I see does not relate to efficiency, but reliability. It doesn't matter what its ratings are, or how efficient it is - the higher the power you run through it, the hotter it will run. Hotter usually means less reliable.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Someone gives you a statement based on fact and you reply with a statement based on a generalisation. If you're going to be critical you should at least put some factual data behind your argument.

Reply to
Davo

Yep it was definitely the physicist/engineers view. Practically, I want to hear from the techo that services these things.

Reply to
terryc

If you set the angle to peak winter output (latitude + 22.5), you will get a 45 degree off axis angle in mid summer. That will reduce your summer output to cos(45) = 0.71 of peak ( assuming cosine law holds ). But if you set say 20 degrees higher than that ( ie a few degrees lower than latitude), you will get an off peak of cos(20) in winter, and cos(45-20) in summer, which is a much better compromise. Other values are possible, depending on exactly what you think the winter/summer sun ratio is, of course the cloud cover effects come into this too.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen