Canon A460 camera not recognized

In the past connecting my Canon A460 digital camera to the Pi3 via USB automatically started a photo archiving program that allowed me to save photos to the Pi and manipulate them to some extent. IIRC this was software included in the Raspbian Jessie distribution. I don't recall seeing a name on the software windows, I think it was gphoto.

The machine has since been updated to Stretch, now at Linux raspberrypi 4.14.52-v7+ #1123 SMP Wed Jun 27 17:35:49 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

Plugging the camera into a USB port now seems to have no effect. No software starts, the camera does not blank its display as it did before.

The camera seems to work fine, the cable is the same as before, I'm stumped.

Can anybody offer a clue?

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska

Reply to