VAX AVC 1 Vacuum Cleaner

Hi

Can anyone help with instructions on opening the plastic motor housing on the VAX AVC 1 vacuum cleaner. I have removed the 4 self tapping screws joining the 2 halves, but the halves are still locked together. I need to access the microswitch in the casing.

Have looked closely at diagram at

but still can't work it out.

Thanks

Reply to
Protea

Perhaps "Body Lock Bearing Ring"? (50) -- at each end of the case

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Yes, thanks very much D Yuniskis. That is helpful, and I should have seen that myself.

However, I see now that the Body lock bearing rings (50) are covered by the Brushroll upper housing (20), and the arm covers (23,24). It looks like these have to come off first to get access to the Body lock bearing rings. I will have to figure out how to get these apart.......

Reply to
Protea

0

These things are great if you like 3D topological problems. Just repaired a Dyson DC04, despite plenty of repair guide pics out there , translating to hands-on removing of covers ,and even more so replacing, is not straightforward. One tip is mark mating surfaces , either side before removal , with coloured felt tip pens , both as a guide for reassembly and to check the interlocks have all clicked correctly into place.

Reply to
N_Cook

I nosed into that Dyson motor, just curious, while in there for just a clutch problem. That has a plastic retaining ring around the fan end held by

4 wedge clips, 2 screwdriver job to part. Large rubber boot then pulls off and motor is "floating" between that rubber and a rubber disc at the drive axle end , pierced by 2 locating dogs to the casing. So no mechanical vibration transmission from motor to outside casing
Reply to
N_Cook

just hit it with a BIG hammer, that should persuade it to come apart.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun