tv vertical deflection problem MAGNUM PT2 chassis

Should have been an easy repair, this. TV is a mid 90s MAGNUM 5520 VT, PT2 CHASSIS . A supermarket (german Aldi) special I believe. It came to me a couple of years ago with sound but no picture. Increasing g2 gave thin horizontal line, frame collapse.

changed the IC, a new TDA 3653B (which is now fitted.) checked/replaced all the components in the supply to the frame chip (TDA 3653B). +26V rock solid on pin 6 and 9.

(FYI;: frame chip data:

TV PT2 schematic :
)

the problem is still the same. checked key resistors near IC, all in spec. now , question is how to check for vertical impulses without a scope. It could also be the new IC was duff, but will pursue other avenues first. I am also beginning to think that last time I opned this et 2 yrs or more ago, I may have put in a TDA 3653B in place of a TDA 3653

- not sure what was originally there and I may have got paranoid, not sure how critical this is anyway. In any case, the tv schematic and the TDA 3653B do not seem to tally too closely re: pinouts.

would appreciate any ideas. reards, B

/A/3/TDA3653B.shtml

ml

borrow a scope!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Check or replace electrolytic capacitors in the vertical circuit. Chuck

Reply to
chuck

Bad joint going to the yoke ?

[...]

chris