TDA6108 vs TDA6107

Does anyone think it would be ok to sub a TDA6107 in place of a TDA6108 or will it turn into a smoke and flame show?

bud

On 17 May 2006 09:02:42 -0700, "bud" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The application circuits appear identical. The only significant difference appears to be that the TDA1067 has a poorer frequency response and a slower slew rate. I think the subsitution will be OK but you may see some loss of detail in the image. I'd give it a go, but you make your own choice. :-)

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I did get brave and subbed it. It worked, no real noticable loss of detail. It went into a 20 inch Sony Wega, with poor greens, did not fix the problem.

This set has orangish looking greens, and poor fleshtones. The greens of the OSD are great. The set is only 2 years old. I find it hard to believe, but I believe the CRT may be bad.

I have no manual for this exact set, can anyone tell me how to confirm or deny whether the CRT is bad using only a multi-meter?

Franc Zabkar wrote:

Reply to
bud