OT - Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

Hello, eletro fans....  Yes, I know this ain't a Yahoo group.  But, and
this is a big butt, you guys know a whole lot more than those who post
cryptic stuff at the computer groups.   Any help steering me in the
right direction would be appreciated!

Newgene (formerly Old Snuffy)

Anyone know a reliable way to do move about a few thousand emails from
Yahoo to my desktop?  I searched a lot the last few days and these are
what I thought were the best so far, but none of the worked.

I am glad to pay up to $25 for a program that does the job.  Have not
found anything with good reviews that works so far.

===================
** Method #1 (Not working for me.  Procedure is evidently missing some
info.)

From
http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/all.html?refine=bulk+export+yahoo+email

You can access your Yahoo! Mail from another email client or your mobile
device using IMAP.
Use these settings when configuring IMAP:

Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL or port 587 with SSL/TLS
-It is necessary to enable SSL or TLS for Outgoing SMTP port.
Username: full email address (for example, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com)
Password: the password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Account

Since you cannot export directly from yahoo to providers like gmail you
can enter this information into Microsoft Outlook to retrieve your
e-mails to avoid agreeing to the new upgrade and still be able to
retrieve your mail.

===================
** Method #2 (Didn't work either)

https://www.labnol.org/internet/email/move-mails-across-email-accounts/84
19/

I have many emails with significant documents in my Yahoo account, so I
want to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook PST file instantly.

Is there any easy solution? Please help me...

as POP3, after that you can create a PST file and save all the info that
your need in the PST created.

thank you everyone for helping me.....

1. Fill Your Account Details:

. Account type - POP3
. Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com
. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

On the Advanced tab:

. Incoming Server POP3: 995
. Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465

===================
** Method #3 (Installed trial version. To use, it requires user name and
password.  When downloading, there was no where to enter password.  And
they did not send any emails with password....)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140825061342-223899587-how-to-save-yahoo
-emails-to-external-hard-drive

For large number of Yahoo account emails, you need to create backup
using third party software like Yahoo Backup tool which is capable to
create backup of Yahoo emails. The backup will be created as an email
file like PST, EML, MBOX or MSG which can be opened and accessed just
like an Yahoo email using the respective email client. External solution
available like these can be really an effective solution to save Yahoo
emails to external hard drive.

How To Backup Emails from Yahoo Mail Account to Hard Drive

Step 1. Download, Install & Launch Yahoo Backup software and fill
credential of user account.
Step 2. Choose any one e-mail format: EML, PST, MSG or MBOX.
Step 3. Then click on "Browser" button to choose the preferred location
where you to save email data & click on "Start" button to initiate the
email download process.
Step 4. Once all email data are downloaded in local system, software
will show a confirmation message "Download completed successfully". Then
Click on "OK" button.

Source: http://www.yahoo.gmailbackup.org/

Re: OT - Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6
The Troll is back, please do not feed the troll.

Re: OT - Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6

Sorry, it's a serious question, Peter.  Most folks here have been great
help to me.

Re: OT - Moving Yahoo Emails to OE6
On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:39:57 PM UTC-4, Newgene McMensa wrote:
@googlegroups.com...
elp to me.

Keep the same handle from one post to the next, give a legitimate location
and/or real name. Ask your questions directly. Eschew blather. Allow for ac
tual discussion.

Your method is akin to 'forcing a card'. It is clear from your posts that y
ou have a preconceived notion, and you suffer from extreme confirmation-bia
s. That does not go over well. If you actually are looking for tech-related
 information, this is a good place for such, old or new. But, not by forcin
g an expected solution - AKA trolling. That appears to be no more than you
wanting to attract attention. Which, as it happens, I believe is entirely t
he case.

I have transferred e-mails as follows:

Select All
Actions:  Move to: New Folder(name folder)
Attach folder to a new e-mail to the appropriate location.
Transfer received folder to desktop (drag and drop).
Done.

If your mail provider(s) limit(s) attachment size, you may have to do this
several times. Mine do not.

This is not rocket science, but pretty basic stuff. Take that $25 and purch
ase a  clue-stick for yourself. With liberal application, you should do fin
e.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Site Timeline