Norwood Micro 19" LCD (L199) Backlight Problem

I've got the above LCD that exhibits this problem:

When you turn the unit on, both backlights operate and you get the standard "no signal" message on the LCD. After about 2 seconds, the backlight turns off, along with the power LED, while the video is still working (verified with alternate light source). After another two seconds, the backlight comes back on with the power LED, then we go through the same process ad infinitum.

Upon inspection, one of the filter caps (poly film) was bulged, so I replaced with no joy. I have not found any schematics or referenceds to parts for this specific monitor.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start with the repairs on this monitor? Even better, what about sources for service manuals and parts for this one (hey, it never hurts to ask)?

Thanks for your time!

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Maybe the CCFL bulbs are failing, or since the power LED goes off also - maybe a problem with the portion of the power supply that powers the inverter.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Replace the backplane lamps and ballast supply.

--

JANA _____

When you turn the unit on, both backlights operate and you get the standard "no signal" message on the LCD. After about 2 seconds, the backlight turns off, along with the power LED, while the video is still working (verified with alternate light source). After another two seconds, the backlight comes back on with the power LED, then we go through the same process ad infinitum.

Upon inspection, one of the filter caps (poly film) was bulged, so I replaced with no joy. I have not found any schematics or referenceds to parts for this specific monitor.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start with the repairs on this monitor? Even better, what about sources for service manuals and parts for this one (hey, it never hurts to ask)?

Thanks for your time!

Henry

Reply to
JANA