Need Manual for Sears VCR

Hi Everyone,

I received a sears VCR without a remote or manual. I can program some things but am stuck on others...

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find the remote or manual for this model:

Sears EZ-2Programme VCR Model 509-30115

My other VCR suffered a power surge and now the display just blinks when I turn it on-it won't do anything else. Any ideas for this one too :)?

Thanks

LS

Reply to
snider

I don't mean to sound pecemistic(sp?) but you can buy a vcr these days for $50. Most of the time it is not worth the trouble to fix an old vcr unless it is a high quality machine. I found most older vcr's don't have as sharp of a picture as the newer ones either. Could be due to worn / dirty heads. Anyhow Good Luck, and go ahead and fix it if you are just looking for a fun project.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Hi Michael...

Yet the name of the group includes the word repair. :)

It doesn't say anything about exporting jobs to the far east, nor unnecessarily filling land fills, nor wasting raw resources :)

Given that it isn't (or shouldn't be) a throw-away world, my vote goes to fixing what's fixable :)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I hate to throw things out if they can be repaired...I still have my 15 year old TV ;)

Cheers

LS

Reply to
snider

I agree, I have a tv built in 1989 which I have fixed a few times but I guess I just hate working on VCRs :- )

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

by the way I did send the e-bay link earlier.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Amateur! I still have one of the original Motorola "Quasar" color TV sets from the mid '60s.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

sigh my 1976 admiral finally gave up the ghost ..... I'm not gonna fix it anymore

Reply to
fireater

Go to or call a Sears parts and repair center. They should be able to order a user's manual for your unit. They should also be able to order a remote for you also.

Alternatively, Two routes to take for the remote.

1) Get a cheapie universal remote from any dept store, such as Walmart, Target or even Sears. Should be programmable to handle your VCR. 2) Shop at
maybe ask them for a recommendation as to which remote would best fir your VCR.
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM

Reply to
Mike Berger

Shouldn't the (ratchet?) tuner have given up a long time ago? Or did it leave you with channel 3? :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

my tuner is still perfect..... in fact i have a second tuner as well for parts

Reply to
fireater

Hi Tom...

Think we used ratchet's on the service van while we were on our way to clean turret tuners :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel