multi- layer PCB repair

I want to know that what type of instruments and equipments are used in repairing microprocessor/microcontroller/VLSI based multi-layer PCB. Please also let me know any other information and tips regarding multi-layer PCB repair.

Thanks in advance Regards Sadia

Reply to
sadia.k.ahmed

Multi layer boards are not repairable if the problem is on an internal layer. "IF" there is a fix, you will spend more finding the fix, and making the fix than a new board would cost. Single and double sided boards are nice to work on, and a technician can actually fix the circuitry on one. Even with the most exotic soldering station etc a bad multi layer board is trash.

Reply to
tjs

layer.

fix

work on,

Unless it's a very simple problem, in which case you can often jumper from one spot to another with a piece of wire wrap wire, of course finding that problem can be a real pain.

Reply to
James Sweet