Mitsubishi WS 855511 HD TV remote control not working

I have a Mitsubishi WS 855511 big screen. The remote control stopped working recently.

replaced batteries

Light on the remote works.

Still doesn't work >replaced remote with an Mitsubishi universal remote.

Just like the old one but no light feature ($$$!!!) Bought new on Ebay from TV remote dealer.(Samstronic)

still nothing...

Any ideas?... The new remote came without instructions. Do I need to pre-program this remote? The old remote seems to work fine but doesn't. Maybe the remote IR on the TV bad? Where is it even located?

Reply to
skatehouse

You need the correct model remote for your set. No programmming is necessary. The parts distributor for yourset manufacture can have the origional.

It is rare, but possible to have a failure in the remote circuit area of our set. This will require proper shop troubleshooting and service.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

So what you're saying is that I need the identical original remote. The one that I bought was stated as such, or as a replacement as such. it is identical but without the "light-up" button features. Does anyone know if the original remote for my tv works on any other current models? Maybe I should take it toCircuit city and start zpping big screens to see if I get a response. Hmmm....any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
skatehouse

This is really getting to be a major PITA. I just cycled through three universal remotes unsuccessfully trying to find one which would access menu functions on an old Sharp 27". I've been using it in 'monitor' mode, but need to move it, to replace another standalone set in the house which has developed a sound fault.

I need to reprogram channels...can get in 'program' mode, but with that one remote, I can't find an 'enter' button which works. The other two: one offers no 'menu' button whatever...one doesn't access the menu (despite each of the two Sharp TV codes).

At least with only two code schemes, I (maybe) have a 50/50 chance of picking up a second-hand Sharp original which will work.

With all the government interference with TV manufacturers, you'd think there'd be some kind of rule mandating full functionality from the panel...even if it was some arcane combo of button punches.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert