Kroil

After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Kroil
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Just give it overnight to soak in.  May work sooner on some things.
When working I used about a can a month or more, sometimes a can a day
dpending on the jobs.  Just glad the company I worked for was buying it.

This was a very large plant and I bet we used over a case a week when
the company was going full blast.

Re: Kroil

I am no great believer in miracles and/or instant gratification. Overnight is good enough for me (and you are the second with this advice). stripped heads are no fun at all.

I am doing the fuel pressure sensor on a Volvo XC70, one (1) torx bolt. Also the MAF sensor, but that is a plastic part held in with hose clamps. No biggie.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Kroil
The bolt came right out, with only the 'correct' amount of torque required. The entire job took 20 minutes, and now the car is running 'like new'.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Kroil

Another "happy camper" that discovered yet another "Shit that
just works like it's supposed to."

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

Re: Kroil
nd elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Pack
age.
today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-
Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

A machinist friend of mine swears by Kroil, to the point of derision by oth
ers when the subject comes up.  Many years ago, one of my buddies drilled o
ut a steel plate and welded in like 8 bolts to it.  We buried it in his bac
k yard near the wetlands part of his lot and planned to dig it up in two ye
ars and use it as fairly well controlled test bed for various elixirs.  Unf
ortunately, he moved and we forgot to dig it back up.

Most evidence I've found on the subject is anecdotal.  Without a control th
ere's no way of knowing if one of these solutions would have worked better
or worse than any other.

Re: Kroil

I got a jelly jar full of Kroil from a neighbor.
It seems to be better than other stuff.. but it's always
hard to tell.  I've never tried the 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone.

George H.

Site Timeline