Info on TCL monitor 14001 in Big Electronics Games cabinet

I'm looking for some information on a TCL monitor model 14001. It is inside of a Big Electronic Games cabinet. The picture on the display is horizontally centered, but vertically starts the first visible scan line at about 2/3 of the way down the display. (i.e. 2/3 of the display is black, the last 1/3 has a picture) I believe I have a deflection problem, but don't know where to start looking. Does anyone have any information/schematics on this CRT monitor. It has a standard NTSC video/audio jack. It appears to be a stripped down TV.

-Greg

Reply to
G B

nside

at

Is the remainder of the picture compressed into the bottom third, or is it more like the vertical centering is just way off too low?

Reply to
hrhofmann

It is like the vertical centering is way low. I was attempting to find a vertical deflection transistor and caps around it, but it isn't apparent from glancing at where the deflection signals feed into the circuit board. I didn't see any apparent bad solder...

Reply to
G B

_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z_ snipped-for-privacy@n4g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...

ne

ck,

.

I would look for an electrolytic that is in series with the vertical deflection coils. It may be leaky. If it was open, there would be no vertical deflection at all, but if it is leaky, some DC may be flowing through the yoke and that is causing the off-centeredness. Start at the yoke and traceback to the chassis.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I have found the STV9302A vertical deflection amp, I am going to check there with a scope and look for proper signals. I suspect the cap is off the legs of it in the feed back loop... I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
G B

I have same game cabinet.. I'm aware this was first created in 2010.. I turn on the switch and the monitor shows some colors vertically and then a bright dot about 6 inches across and that's it.. any suggestions

Reply to
nckeyman