Subject Author Posted Replies

Difficulty identifying SMD semis via markings
I've never had to look up a SMD semi before now. Unlike JEDEC codes, these less-than-brief alphanumeric codes have no standard that I can find. And if there's no manufacturer mark (or it has become...
15
15

lead cropping spinner plate?
Whats it/process called and is there a name for the relatively common situation where the blade is blunt or wrong speed or something. Leads bend over before they are cut, so partially cut and floppy,...
5
5

Pencil butane torch for Surface Mount desolder?
I've only used full size hot air gun and protective masking-off before. I prefer the short sharp shock of full size rather than the "proper" pulse jet type things, presumably for rework only really....
17
17

Fav Suppliers?
I've used Mouser, Allied, Digitek, Marlin T Jones, Maintenance Warehouse, Cyberguys, and a few with "Geek" in the name. But I wonder about others. I'd like to find one supplier with good prices but...
2
2

Microcontroller for sale
I have 120 (new in tubes) MC68HC705P6ACDW Microcontrollers 8 Bit 2.1MHz 4.5K OTP 28-SOIC from a bankruptcy auction. I will sell them at $4.00 each. I want to sell them as sets of 10 to make shipping...
7
7

Surge Protectors
Are surge protectors based on grounding or diode clipping? - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully...
93
93

Peavey CS800S, slave amp 1997
Light weight as switch mode power supply. Not dared to power up yet but is there any problem concerning the power supply with runnung one power amp only, disconnecting the rails to the other amp,...
3
3

Today's Lead Free Crap Solder Stories ...
Hi Guys, Just for the record here's a few pictures of a laptop power socket that used lead free solder. You can see the erosion caused by poor electrical conductivity of the joint between the center...

Generic question
Last Winter I repaired a D board in a 32 inch Sony set. I replaced the two chips with DB versions and the set worked fine for 3 months. It eventually came back for an intermittent start up problem. It...

Gougeon DS
French made but not design build of a Citroen DS. Almost a googlewhack , but just on the off chance anyone here has any info. Digital spot effects generator c1990, chippery info has been ground off,...
1
1

lead free solder
What happens if you use regular solder on something that was originally lead-free, or you get the lead free solder on a regular iron? I understand manufacturers keep separate lines as mixing the two...
82
82

JVC TK-885 CCTV camera repair manual?
Anybody have one to share or a hint where I could d/l one. Thanks, Jan/Finland

MiniDV cassette in Sony DCR-PC330...
Hi, My teenager came up showing his Sony camcorder with the cassette stuck halfways in/out. The LCD screen displays no error code, just 'Re-attach the power source'. I have done that and the battery...
4
4

Speaker - terminal connected to the AC line?
Hello all... I have a Technics SA-929 stereo receiver that is in good working order. However, when I was inside it replacing a burnt out light bulb and repairing the protection relay, I noticed that...
40
40