Subject Author Posted Replies

Supergluing your fingers together
Surprising I've never done it before . Thumb and second finger firmly glued to either side of a connecctor. I tried methylated spirits first but no effect seemingly. Then dilute acetone as nail...
44
44

sharp TV's recalled
bob

Whirlpool Refrigerator Fan Motor Problem
Hi, I have a Whirlpool "top/bottom" refrigerator which is less than two years old. The fan motor's perm. magnet rotor, which is of a power iron type of composition, had a piece break off and...
2
2

Technics SA-310 Receiver Fixed!
Hello all... Just thought I'd drop in and provide a quick status update. I learned a few things along the way: 1. STK-2038 and 2038 II modules are not at all the same. Someone (not here) told me they...
15
15

LORAN C
This started out as a repair issue, my LORAN unit wasn't getting a signal. I thought it was broken. I have been gone from the USA for 2 years and but after some research I have found out that in my...
12
12

Electronic Kenmore refrigerator not working, what does this sign mean
I have an electronic Kenmore refrigerator 596.50013100. I bought it from a private party over a year ago and it has been working great until now. It seems very well made, overall. Yesterday it started...
20
20

Technics KN800 MIDI keyboard no sound
I was given a Technics SX-KN800 keyboard and am trying to repair it. I have opened it up and the six or so PCB's are easy to get at. The symptom is no audio. The PA thumps through the speakers on turn...
4
4

Where to buy a small wheel hub motor?
Specifically, where can I buy a high quality small wheel hub motor (with wheel) like the one used for powered Trikkes? Or some other small wheel (16 inches or less) hub motor? Thanks.
10
10

drawing
Hi! I am looking for a service manuel for a Magnavox Mdl 32MF231D. Thank you Vince Vince Schmitt 2145 Linden St Sidney Ne. 69162

VCM driver
I have a light engine assembly from a Samsung DLP rear projector left over from a repair. It's the assembly that the MMD bolts to. It has a light pipe, which I understand, a hole for the MMD which,...
2
2

Does anybody fix CRT big screen/save the parts?
Just taking a pole on whether its work saving parts from tube type big screen TV's. I have one i am about to junk or give away. Put new CRT and one drive board in it, and it had other issues. sat for...
10
10

Roost Session Master , 1976
useful stuff here switched off amp when he saw one of the bottles melting , leaving a deep dimple over the anode but not punctured. Its matching polarity one had starting to do the same. (Reminder to...
3
3

how to remove alkaline battery residue
Between the combination of the hotest day in many years and really bad batch of alkaline batteries, I have several devices with a crystaline residue from the batteries leaking. Besides brushing with a...
26
26

Sorry about that!.. THis is the Baldor VS1MD41 POST
any of you here work with industrial drives or just drives in general? We purchased a bunch of baldor VS1MD41 AC drives (1 HP) which has vector mode in it, that's a nice thing and they're economically...

Automotive battery charger circuit breaker.
Hi. Does anyone know where to find a replacement circuit breaker for a 6A automotive battery charger? The charger is from the '70's, a simple basic transformer and 2 diodes . The circuit breaker is...
8
8