Integrate C compiler in ATMELs IDE

Hej all.
I've got an Atmel STK500. Included is a complete IDE with easy interface
to an assembler.
I have not been playing with the assembler yet, because I want to go the
"C-way". Therefor I downloaded the WinAVR (a freeware C-compiler)
I would like to have the IDE control the compiler. That can be done but
I cannot see how I add a tool inside the AVR Studio (ver 4.11)

If I "Create new Project" I can choose a "Project Type" but only the
assembler is available. I would like to make the WinAVR visible here.

Can anybody give me some advice or point me to a place where I can get it?
Thanks in advance

Re: Integrate C compiler in ATMELs IDE

I forgot to underline that I also would like the code to be debugged
from the IDE...

Re: Integrate C compiler in ATMELs IDE

Go to Atmels website and download AVR Studio 4.12. This version
automatically detects WinAvr.

HTH

Jim

Re: Integrate C compiler in ATMELs IDE

Smart! I'll do that right away.
Thanks.

Re: Integrate C compiler in ATMELs IDE

Very easy handling of the compiler - as seen so far.
Done! Smart! Thanks alot.
Klaus

Re: Integrate C compiler in ATMELs IDE

I suceeded in writing a LED toggling program in C, compiled it,
downloaded it in STK500 - and you know what?: The LED is flashing.
I can also simulate and trace the program in the IDE.
So far so good.
Is some sort of an ICE needed in order to debug in the target?
If so, how much is the cheapest solution then?
Best regards
Klaus

Site Timeline