USB drive in a ziploc bag?

What are the chances of a USB drive being damaged by static electricity if someone put it in a ziploc drive?

Reply to
curious.no.spam.com

Zero. These things are designed to be handled.

John

The protective cap frequently comes off the USB stick I carry around in my pocket - its been rattling around in there with all sorts of junk for a couple of years now.

Reply to
ian field

I put a USB stick on my keyring and then dropped my keys on the concrete. The USB stick never worked again.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

I put a USB stick on my keyring and then dropped my keys on the concrete. The USB stick never worked again.

-Bill

That must have been unusual bad luck, I recently needed a USB connector and sacrificed an old 64M stick to get it - it was surprisingly solidly assembled and correspondingly difficult to remove the connector intact.

Reply to
ian field

Its usually the oscillator xtal that gets shattered ! Not that you can see the damage inside the casing. Getting it off the board is easier than finding a new xtal !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.