Re: Help identifying fuse

Anyhow, thanks for any efforts made on my behalf.

The questions is, is the fuse blown?

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

Try news:sci.electronics.repair

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Consider that a "blown" fuse is NOT a failed fuse. The fuse has properly performed its safety function by destroying itself. A good technician's response to finding a blown fuse is to question why the fuse was forced to operate. If you persist in simply replacing fuses, then you move into the diagnostic phase called "fuse testing."

Ed

Reply to
Ed Price

Click on the "Cached" link next time. Google can pull up a copy of a dead page and sometimes their cache of the page can take you back in time.

That the search term is highlighted in color when you call the cached page, often makes the cached page more useful than the original.

Reply to
JeffM

Sometimes it's marked on the PCB.

Reply to
CWatters

snipped-for-privacy@cruller.invalid wrote: (snip)

You'd better look again. _I_ was the last person on this planet to replace his 14" monitor, and that was over a year ago. ;-)

Reply to
Michael