Raytheon GL-9 small boat radar.

We have a non working Raytheon GL-9 small boat radar; probably 10 to

20 years old?

Investigations seem to indicate that the receiver section of the printed circuit board of the mast mounted scanner, transmitter receiver unit is defective. It appears that there is no noise reading at TP5 (test point) on the receiver/modulator PCB CNM179 printed circuit board. The complete mast unit is numbered # M52559.

Other functions (e.g. the controls of display unit) seem to be OK.

Some of the parts seem to be made by JRC (Japan radio Co.).

We were able to download the user/installation manual but not a deailed circuit diagram and test readings.

Anybody have any advice about the possibility of having the mast unit repaired, hopefully somewhere in eastern Canada.

Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
terry

Sounds like the MMIC unit has been damaged, possibly by a nearby radar. Talk to a servicer to find out if they are available.

Reply to
Jitt

try this newsgroup - rec.boats.electronics

Reply to
bg

Are you sure the model is GL-9? I'm pretty sure that the original AutoHelm radar model was RL-9.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Peter: My mistake, it IS RL-9; thanks for the correction. Mention as RayMarine and Raytheon etc. BTW although not a ham I am based in VO1xx land, not far from where, in Dec. 1901, Marconi 'received' the first Transatlantic wireless signal from Cornwall England. Also an associate of VO1GXG, who, recently licensed, is alleged to be the newest and youngest radio amateur in this province.

73s. Terry
Reply to
terry