Xpower Static Current

Hi, I have a quick qustion regarding Xpower.

Does it report the static(leakage) power/current consumed by the current design. The Quiescent Current Definition says "Current Flow into the Device with no signal switching".But I am not sure whether Quiescent Current includes the Static Current.Even if in the design I add/delete new components the Quiescent current remain same.Please advise.

regards

--raj

Reply to
raj

If you think about the nature of static current you will realize that "adding" components to your design will have no effect on it. Regardless if your design uses the components on the chip, the logic is still there and will draw static power. When you use a component, you then need to include it in your dynamic power calculations since it will be switching.

The chip will draw the same static power even if your design has no components.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.